If I don’t diet how do I lose the weight? You are going to do this by taking the focus off of the weight and put it on your lifestyle.
Really, and this may sound way out there, your weight or obesity is not about your weight or obesity!! It is only a symptom of unhealthy living. Just like most diabetes, high cholesterol, arthritis, and other health issues, they are typically symptoms of unhealthy living.
So, how do you fix this? Today, make a solid commitment to change your health. Once you have a firm unrelenting commitment then you simply begin to make healthy choices and move more. The only plan you need to make is a commitment to making healthier choices in your life. I emphasize firm commitment because many people make a commitment but once they get past the honeymoon phase (about 2 weeks) their commitment begins to waver and then it fades away like a setting sun only to be seen again next year. This means you are going to dedicate time to learning what is healthy living and what is death promoting. Knowledge is power. Tomorrow, put the tips below in place and start living your life to it’s fullest again.
- Stop dieting
- Begin to add healthy foods to each meal. Every day add a veggie or fruit until you are eating at least 7 servings of veggies and 3 servings of fruits per day. This will leave less room for the unhealthy foods on your plate.
- Most people get overweight because they over or under consume calories. If you eat a healthy diet you seldom have to worry about calories. If you are a lady aim for 1500 to 1800 calories per day. Males should aim for 1800 to 2200 calories per day. Never, ever eat less than 1200 calories per day unless under the supervision of a qualified health professional.
- It takes some planning to make sure you have healthy foods at home and at work. Remove all the tempting bad foods!
- Eat 6 times per day in smaller quantities. This helps stabilize blood sugar which will cut cravings.
- Healthy living means at least 80% of the time you are going to eat healthy foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans and whole grains.
- You don’t have to deprive yourself of anything, it’s about moderation. The other 20% of the time you can indulge in some of your other not so healthy favorites as a treat or reward.
- Vegetables and fruits offer most of their health benefits when eaten raw.
- If you are a meat eater then you would also include wild caught cold-water fish, free-range eggs and poultry.
- The more plant foods that are in your diet the healthier you will be and the better your opportunity for weight loss and health success.
- The more colorful the foods the more antioxidant and nutrient benefits they can give.
- Drink plenty of pure water. The general rule is to drink 1/2 your body’s weight in fluid ounces of water. If you weight 200 pounds then you need 100 ounces of total fluid intake.
- Exercise at least 6 days a week. Start slowly and work up to it. See your doctor to get their approval before exercising
- Fire up that NutriBullet at least twice a day and fill it with a wide assortment of real living foods. Even use it to replace a meal and snacks. Add Vive to it for a super nutrition explosion.
Stop dieting, eat healthier 80% of the time, eat 5 to 6 times per day, move more, eat enough but not too few calories, drink plenty of water,
Living foods create life and dead foods speed up disease, illness and death. I pick life-giving foods every day, will you?
Wally Bishop C.N.C.
The contents of this blog is not and should not be considered medical advice. This blog is for informational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor before making any dietary or lifestyle changes. Never quit taking prescription medications unless advised to do so by your doctor.
- Why are Americans Fatter than Europeans? (travelrelapse.com)