In memory of those that have fought and passed and celebration for those that have fought and conquered.
If you do not believe that your food and lifestyle choices promote cancer and other adverse health conditions and diseases, you could not be more wrong.
If you are eating the typical American ( now called western ) diet which includes fried foods or foods cooked at high temperatures (meats or foods that have charring on them), pastries (doughnuts, cakes, etc…), candies, animal foods ( meats and dairy) once a day or more, red meat more than once a week, refined foods such as sugar laden cereals, enriched flour products (breads, cookies etc…), prepared foods (marinated meats, white rice, macaroni and cheese, rice-a-roni, vegetables in sauces or fruits in syrups, etc…) you are slowly setting yourself up for adverse health conditions even cancers. These types of foods contain ingredients that actually rob your body of healthy nutrients and set up a path way in which cellular DNA can be damaged leading to disease and even cancer.
If you have immediate family members that have developed cancer there is reason for you to be concerned particularly if more than one person has had cancer. This may show that you could have a genetic potential to develop cancer in your life time. Sure, this can be a terrifying thought but it is not the end of the world and it doesn’t mean that you are going to develop cancer. Eating the western diet is not the way to maximize your potential to avoid the menace of cancer. You need to be proactive and remove potential cancer causing foods and agents from your life where possible.
Your diet and lifestyle are by far the most powerful influence to prevent cancers. I challenge you today to make your diet and lifestyle one of health promotion. Even if genetics play a role, your lifestyle can trump those genetics many times. Living a life of health promotion does not guarantee an illness free life. It does push the odds greater in your favor of having less illness promotes a quicker recover in the event you do become ill. In addition, living a life of health promotion provides numerous improvements to your quality of life, living longer, younger and happier.
You should make sure you are including cancer fighting foods in your diet daily to maximize cancer prevention.
Every vegetative food has health promoting properties, some more than others. If you try to include as many colors as possible from the vegetable world every day you will promote optimal health. Buy organic when possible. If eating meats, buy wild caught fish (cold water fish is preferred; salmon, trout, steelhead, sardines, cod, and halibut) and organic free range chicken and turkey.
- at least 5 servings of vegetables, 2 fruits, 3 whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds and heart healthy oils ( olive oil and coconut oil to cook with, sesame, flax and sunflower should never be used to cook with )
- make 50 to 70% of your vegetables raw and 50 to 30% lightly cooked (beans must be cooked)
- include more omega 3 rich foods,
- include some super foods ( see list below) every day,
- Vitamin D3 get at least 2000 IU’s daily,
- Detox your body twice a year
- Get a minimum of 45 minutes of exercise at least 4 days a week, hard enough to sweat (your work or job does not count)
- Use a sauna periodically to help remove toxins
- Drink at least 1/2 your weight in ounces of water daily (natural spring water or purified water, Pur, Brita etc are fine)
- Get 15 to 20 minutes of sunshine at least 3 times per week
- Use very good micron filters in your home air system
- Use green, non toxic home cleaning products
- Minimize your exposure to environmental toxins
- Laugh and smile in abundance
- Fill you life with love
- Do for others when possible
Cancer Promotion (those you can influence the easiest)
- Process and refined foods (most food products in a package or box)
- Cola’s, soft drinks
- High fructose corn syrup, agave nectar, corn syrup, excessive amounts of any added sugars
- Trans fats, hydrogenated fats
- Excessive intake of stimulant foods (high energy drinks)
- Red meat, charred meats, excessive intake of animal foods
- Foods cooked at high temperatures
- Fried foods
- Heavy metal toxcity
- Excessive salt intake
- Sedentary lifestyle
Below is a list of cancer fighting foods:
- Algae (Biosuperfood is the best algae product in my opinion)
- Chili peppers
- Dark Chocolate; should be at least 85% dark, raw cacao is best ( 1 to 2 oz. per day)
- Flax seed
- Grapefruits, oranges and other citrus fruits
- Licorice root
- Mushrooms – Chaga, Shiitake, maitake, reishi
- Nuts – Brazil nut
- Oranges and lemons
- Seaweed and other sea vegetables
- Soy products like tofu
- Swiss Chard
- Sweet potatoes
If you are diagnosed with cancer
If you are diagnosed with cancer, after the first shock, you need to assess your options. There are some very important questions you need to ask your doctors. Certainly you need to change your diet and lifestyle to one of health promotion.
Questions to ask your doctor
- What traditional treatments are recommended?
- What is your prognosis with treatment and without?
- What effect on your quality of life do the recommended treatments have?
- What other illnesses or diseases can the recommended treatments cause in the future, short-term and long-term?
- If I decide to do alternative treatments will you continue to monitor me during the treatments?
- Are there any alternative treatments that you may recommend? Don’t be surprised when the doctor say’s no alternative treatments have been shown to be effective. Traditional doctors are powerfully discouraged from recommending alternative or natural treatments. However a few doctors will go against the traditional establishment and recommend alternative treatments. A new branch of medicine is growing in which traditional medicine and alternative medicine is both used. This new branch is labeled “Integrative Medicine”; I would urge you to consider them as well.
There are many effective non-toxic alternative cancer protocols available. Tens of thousands of people have had great success with them. This becomes a very personal decision for you and your family to make. The most important part of your life with cancer is education and researching for yourself your options. Don’t be pushed and don’t let people scare you so bad you make rash decisions. Pray for wisdom and guidance, research different options, ask questions, talk to others that have had or are doing the treatments or alternative protocols and then make a decision.
If you decide to use alternative cancer protocols understand your current doctors may drop you, some are very understanding and will continue to support your efforts. Look for a doctor that will support you regardless of your decision.
There can be a lot of confusion in the alternative market. I only recommend two sources because I know the sources and know the info to be true and accurate. I know many people who have had great success with alternative cancer protocols.
The best sources for alternative cancer protocols
- Out Smart Your Cancer by Tonya Harter Pierce
- KnockOut by Suzanne Summers.
Conclusion If you don’t have cancer, celebrate your life and begin to live a life of health and happiness. If you or a loved one has cancer don’t retreat; pray, educate yourself, counsel with those that have gone before you and go on the attack. It may seem difficult at the time, however your belief that your body will heal and you will recover is as important as any treatment you decide to do. I urge you to believe and embrace your healing process. Pick a treatment plan and stick with it. Optimize your opportunity for recovery by living a life of health promotion. When you are ill, your body needs an abundance of high quality nutrition, eat and supplement wisely, rest and live in peace and harmony.
Healthy Wishes for Cancer Free Life
Wally Bishop C.N.C.
The contents of this blog is not and should not be considered medical advice. This blog is for informational purposes only. Always consult with your doctor before making any dietary or lifestyle changes. Never quit taking prescription medications unless advised to do so by your doctor.
- Preventing Esophageal Cancer With Diet (everydayhealth.com)
- Eat to Beat Cancer (nourishingresults.com)
- Melissa Etheridge Blames Breast Cancer On Western Diet And Lifestyle (blisstree.com)
2 thoughts on “Cancer Prevention, Your Diet and Lifestyle”
I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I don’t know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!
Thank you Lyda