Six years ago when I decided to formulate a product like Vive!, I had many criteria that had to be met for the project to get beyond the discussion stage. I was determined to develop a product that delivered what I believe are the most important key areas of nutrition required for vibrant health (Vitamins, minerals, enzymes, essential fatty acids, fiber, heart healthy fats, antioxidants, prebiotics and probiotics). It had to taste great and make great nutrition simple!
Vive is a whole foods nutritional drink mix containing a blend of raw organic vegetables and fruits blended with special herbs and spices, antioxidants and additional nutrients. This proprietary blend of super-foods and nutrients makes Vive the perfect choice to support a healthy and active lifestyle! Vive Shake is not only incredibly nutritious, but is delicious and simple to use.
My strict requirements included:
- Vive had to be GMO free, Lactose Free and Gluten free
- Vive had to have the highest quality ingredients available (many supplement manufacturers use inferior ingredients that are not absorbed very well, if at all)
- Vive had to be whole food based
- Vive had to fulfill a wide range of nutritional requirements. (Vitamins, minerals, enzymes, essential fatty acids, fiber, heart healthy fats, antioxidants, prebiotics and probiotics)
- Vive had to have an almost perfect ratio of carbohydrates, fats and proteins (to make sure nutrients were absorbed quickly and the body could use them.)
- Must be a low sugar product
- Must have no preservatives, artificial ingredients or non nutritive ingredients
- Must have a good source of healthy fibers
- Must have high quality, absorbable protein (our whey is GMO free, lactose free and a cross micro cold filtered concentrate)
- Vive must be one product that meets most nutritional requirements for most people. (I was tired of having to take many different products to get the nutrition I needed)
- It had to be in a delivery format that was easy and enjoyable. (I wanted to look forward to taking Vive so it had to taste good and be very simple to use.)
- It had to be affordable. (There is a delicate balance of quality and nutritional goals and keeping a product affordable for everyone)
It took over 3 years and 3 versions formulating the perfect product. Today, Vive is available in two delicious flavors that meet all of our goals and delivers life changing nutritional benefits to our customers.
What really sets Vive! apart from the competition is our quality and special ingredients.
Many supplement manufacturers use cheaper and less absorbable ingredients. They do this because the high quality nutrients cost more. They worry about cost, we focus on results.
A few examples of our quality commitment:
- Vitamin C-Most supplements give you only ascorbic acid, which can be synthetic Vitamin C. Vive provides Vitamin C from food (acerola cherries), insuring you get all of the additional antioxidants found combined with Vitamin C in its natural food form. Studies show that natural Vitamin C from food provides up to 35% greater Vitamin C uptake into our bodies and because of the other naturally occurring nutrients that are pared in nature with Vitamin C, it provides greater overall health.
- The Vitamin B12 we use in Vive is Methylcobalamin which is the form your body prefers for Vitamin B12. Most supplement manufacturers use a less absorbable version of B12, cyanocobalamine, which is poorly absorbed and made in a laboratory. The body has to convert cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin? Methylcobalamin has a much more powerful effect on Central Nervous System Health, vision, sleep and heart health.
- In Vive we give you all eight forms of Vitamin E. Most supplements only give you one form of synthetic Vitamin E. This is a big difference because studies show that taking the isolated synthetic version of Vitamin E can potentially cause heart problems. No studies show any adverse health issues with naturally occurring Vitamin E.
- Vive provides multiple types of fibers to help create a health digestive system, Fiber is important for detoxing harmful chemicals, removing unhealthy fats, lowering cholesterol levels, slowing blood sugar intake and by providing prebiotics which are the food for probiotics. Oh, and fiber helps keep us regular which is very important!!
In Vive! we use a base of foods that are real super foods – foods that are abundant with nutrition. Your body absorbs nutrition from food better than in an isolated or synthetic form. These foods provide thousands of health promoting compounds and nutrients. They are rich in cell protecting antioxidants like Co-Q-10, alpha lipoic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, anthocyanins, carotenoids, flavonoids, and rich in enzyme compounds like gamma oryzanol (builds muscle), Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD) and glutathione peroxidase (GSH). SOD and GSH are the most powerful protectors inside each of your cells. They are the master antioxidant defenders in your cell and protect against premature aging!
The base of Vive is rice bran and germ. Rice bran is highly nutritious and confers many health benefits. According to studies rice bran helps reduce blood glucose levels in type 1 and type 2 diabetes and reduces serum cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Rice bran is rich in many antioxidants (over 120), B vitamins, minerals, heart healthy oils and fibers. Rice bran is one of the only foods to provide the complete spectrum of Vitamin E.
Vive’s secret power punch! To really give Vive that extra health punch, blood sugar support and weight loss potential, we added green coffee bean extract (which studies have shown to increase fat loss), banaba leaf extract (to support healthy blood sugar levels), and the herb coleus forskohlii (to support healthy fat loss without muscle loss and an increase in metabolism). Coleus forskolii also helps prevent cramping and may help reduce high blood pressure. Additionally, we added quercetin an antioxidant with many great health benefits. Many studies show Quercetin may protect the heart, fight cancer, reduce histamine levels created by allergens and stress, lower cholesterol . Another powerful addition to Vive is Eleuthro, also know as Siberian Gensing. Eleuthro is an herb that can help the body fight infections, boost energy, improve type 2 diabetes (by improving insulin resistance and pancreatic islet cell function), protect the heart and is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent.
Vive can also be used in so many different nutritional roles. Vive is anti-inflammatory, is healthy for our digestive system, is great for building muscle, and improves sports performance and recovery. Vive is great for weight loss because it controls hunger and feeds the body very important nutrients needed to burn fat. Vive helps support healthy blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels. Vive is also great for children and parents with busy schedules that need their nutrition in a hurry.
In literally 1 minute you can mix Vive, then drink in all of your nutritional needs going to school or work. Now you can enjoy your day knowing that your body is well fed!
Vive It’s as easy as 1-2-3! Shake It – Drink It – Live It!
Wally Bishop C.N.C. I.N.H.C.
Integrative Nutrition Health Coach
The contents of the email or written communication are not medical advice and should not be considered as such! This blog is for informational purposes only. Please consult with your physician or health care provider if you have medical issues and before changing your diet or lifestyle or taking herbal or dietary supplements. Never start an exercise program with getting your doctors approval. Never quit taking medications unless advised to do so by your doctor. Only your health care provider, personal physician, or pharmacist can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for your unique needs.